Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Idea Paper

In my Idea Paper, I would like to focus and write about Marjane and the sort of life she had undergone during her childhood, especially the troubles that she had faced as she was growing up. I will also try to explore about Marjane’s revolutionary spirit and her attitude towards others. I will use and apply the Reader Response Theory in my Formal Paper. Furthermore, I’ll give special consideration and scrutinize the causes that struck Marjane’s heart, which eventually forced her to depart from her faith. A sufficient example of this is when Marjane supposedly shouted at God because she was upset upon the execution of her beloved uncle by those who were controlling Iran at the time, namely, Islamic Revolution.

Faith is a good source of inspiration for millions of people. It’s the very thing that drives the life of those people day in and day out. They live because of God, and they may even die because of Him as well. Therefore, I think it's safe to claim that Marjane was among those people who believed in God. She believed in God to the extent where she thought and considered herself as a Prophet from God. She even reached at a high level where she narrated in Persepolis to have conversed with God. If this was the case, and if it were true, then why did Marjane choose to abandon her faith? Is it possible to say that her uncle is more significant to her than her own faith in which she is claiming to be born to?

Another vital point I’ll investigate is the veil and why Marjane was agaist it because it’s symbolically a religious piece that Marjane would have embraced it without any doubts instead of distancing herself from it. I’ll use some of the materials given to us by the Instructor as my source as well as some of my own posts from the book itself, Persepolis. In addition to this, I’ll try to get more sources from the Internet in order to be able to back up the claims I have to make in my Formal Paper.

2 comments:

  1. First, I like to say that, in my book you are of the best writer in our class. I don't know why I haven't read any your previous postes before. It feel as if writing come natural to you. I am totally jealous and admire your writing style. Secondly, your questioning of Marj faith in her religion made me realized that she had lost faith in "GOD". But, Marj still believed in mankind salvation. "Is it possible to say that her uncle is more significant to her than her own faith in which she is claiming to be born to?". However, I don't think she had abandon her faith. I feel that people sometime lose faith in religion. People try to rationalized thing by making excuses or criticizing thing they don't understand. Somehow, I feel that she will eventually come back around and renew her faith.
    Anyhow, Thanks for sharing and keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these posts are very interesting. Thank you! The Idea Post makes me want to read your paper! I really like how you are interested in "the causes that struck Marjane's heart" because this really focuses your paper in a clear way on her loss of faith, however, I agree with Kevin's insightful post where he points out the difference between losing faith in "God" and losing faith in mankind's salvation. Can one lose faith in religion, but maintain their faith in salvation? I think this is very interesting to think about in relation to this book. Thank you both!
    Great job on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete